My most recent pics - Southern France

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The leaning marathon

I dare someome to tell me one thing they know about Pisa besides they have a tower that leans. Anyone?

Well, don't feel badly because I've now been there and I don't know much more. Sunday morning we made it Pisa and had just a few hours there. The tower really is amazing - it leans much more than I thought it would. Then there are a bunch of churches as well, but between the Valley of the Fallen, Sagrada Familia, the Duomo, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Bascilia, I will have seen many more churches than any JAP should. The highlight of Pisa for me was that the Pisa marathon was happening that day. So instead of seeing another ornate church, I thouroughly enjoyed myself cheering for the marathon. It was the perfect amount of inspiration that I needed to get me ready for my own marathon training which starts right after I get back at a bit sooner than I would like. The only action my Asics have seen lately is when I pull them out of my luggage looking for flip-flops and then guiltily put them back in without any use.

No comments: