My most recent pics - Southern France

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Night no Lights

I knew I was pushing my luck. I should have been happy the first hostel experience worked out so well and left it at that. But nay, I thought I would try it again in Paris. So far, I am thinking this is a mistake.


Which brings me to my current hostel - 3 ducks. Well, let's start with the fact that check in as at the bar. And the court yard in the middle of the rooms is an extension of the bar. So as I lie in my bunk, I might as well be in the middle of the bar. When I came in the room, there were 5 people already sleeping, so I had to make my bed in the dark. That's when I remembered my blackberry. In case of emergency, it doubles as a flashlight - they should include that in their marketing materials. I'm sure I'm physically safe, but there are no lockers, so I'm hoping the best for my things.

So, to give you a clear picture, I am typing this in my bunk in a room with 8 beds, some full, listening to the bar at full blast. Two people just got into the bunk bed above me and I'm thinking it might collapse on me in me sleep, or worse, I'll hear more than the noise from the bar!

I'm thinking the dark might be a blessing because the cleanliness of the room is surely suspect. Can't say I'm expecting a great night sleep because now I have one thought that I can't get out of my head... bed bugs.

I'm too old for this. I'm checking into a nice hotel tomorrow.

No comments: