My most recent pics - Southern France

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Thee..ah..ter

For some reason, I feel that just saying theater the normal way is inappropriate when talking about the London theatre scene. I have the need to say it like "thee...ah..ter". Regardless, I had the wonderful experience of going to see a show in the west end on Tuesday. I saw "Blood Brothers" http://www.theambassadors.com/phoenix/ which is the story of a set of twins separated at birth and have very different lives. My review, which I'm sure will make or break this 20-year running hit, is that all of the actors had wonderful voices and the musical part was better sung than the acting pieces were acted. Some of the acting looked liked acting. The story was really good, although predictable. And despite finding out hours before hand that it was written by an author that Neil loves and I couldn't get past page 12, was well-written. Sorry for the smart ass comments the other day Neil, I was wrong. Thanks for being my date Budgie - it was fun and I loved seeing the Soho area for the first time.

Despite many entries to the contrary, I'm trying to keep this one is short and sweet. I have to finish packing for my weekend in Amsterdam this weekend.

No comments: